Now Hiring: MIX Intern (Dakar)
26 April 2019
MIX Intern (Africa)
About the program:
Ambassador placements are made to fit the unique skills and interests of qualified candidates, as well as the needs of the organization. Working closely with the MIX team on various emerging areas, candidates will help through researching and contributing to the information building blocks that will be created by MIX. This program is a voluntary opportunity for working professionals who want to take a break and do research in emerging financial inclusion areas or students who want to build career in this field and hence, interested to learn more.
Ambassador placements are made to fit the unique skills and interests of qualified candidates, as well as the needs of the organization. Working closely with the MIX team on various developing markets in the Africa, the ambassador will help develop, promote and expand MIX’s work through regular research and outreach to potential clients in the region. Furthermore, candidates will assist analysts in connecting with existing stakeholders, collecting, processing and analysing financial, operational and social performance data from the portfolio of MFIs in these regions. Other assignments will include but not be limited to (visualization) dashboard analysis, market analysis and summary writing and insight development, arranging and attending meetings with stakeholders.
This program is a voluntary opportunity for working professionals who want to take a break and do research in financial inclusion areas such as Microfinance and/or Fintech or students who want to build career in this field and hence, interested to learn more. The program is based out of Dakar, Senegal.
- Identifying relevant stakeholders in the East Asia and the Pacific markets.
- Support Analyst in managing MIX’s partner portfolio in the region, building relationships and support regional partners who carry out similar data collection, publication and analysis work
- Support in training of partners and FSPs related to MIX standards, processes and tools and use of MIX’s analytical tools and products.
- Support in managing and expanding contacts with other relevant and regional financial inclusion actors in the region.
- Assist operational activities in the region, including development, monitor and perform of regional work plan, in coordination with Analyst.
- Proficiency in English Language is must. Prefer a candidate who can speak French
- An interest in Financial Inclusion and developing economies
- Candidates should have a background in accounts and finance
- Self-starter and independent actor able to carry out agreed work plan with little supervision
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Capacity to write concise, yet effective write-ups
- Ability to cover all travel and living expenses through the course of the program (this is an unpaid position)
- Opportunity to understand the inside-out of microfinance industry & financial inclusion in developing economies across the Africa
- Abundant industry knowledge from the industry actors
- Globally recognized certificate of experience from MIX
- 6 months - Program period will have 2 weeks of break for tourism purpose.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume with “Ambassador Program – MIX” in the subject line to Sachin Hirani at firstname.lastname@example.org. The MIX Ambassador program will be for a period of 6 months. Selected candidates will be interviewed via Skype on an ongoing basis. If required, MIX will provide required assistance in issuing the letter required for VISA processing. MIX is looking for the ambassador to start as soon as possible.