Now Hiring: Business Development Intern
MIX is the leading global data resource for socially responsible investors and businesses focused on inclusive finance. MIX’s data platform covers thousands of mission-focused financial service providers in more than 100 developing markets. MIX collects, analyzes, and maintains data on financial services providers. That data is shared both as a public good for the advancement of the industry and on a fee-paid basis for subscribers interested in more detailed market intelligence. MIX helps socially responsible investors who move 10 billion USD annually to monitor their portfolios and increase their investments in underserved sectors and geographies, including agricultural finance and inclusive fintech. Founded in 2002, MIX has data analysts in every region of the world. Learn more at www.themix.org.
The Business Development team at MIX seeks a curious self-starter to support our client acquisition and engagement strategy. MIX currently sells data services through its platform, MIX Market, via an annual subscription model with a current portfolio of around 30 clients, including leading impact investors and development finance institutions. The business launched in 2013 and is expanding into new sectors including fintechs and agricultural finance.
As an intern, all work can be done remotely, and you will report to the Director of Sales and Business Development, with exposure to the leadership team. Interns can expect a workload that will require approximately 12 hours per week for the course of a semester.
- Research the total addressable market of client prospects, such as fund managers, development finance institutions, diversified financial institutions/banks, pension funds and insurance companies
- Segment client prospects by assets under management (AUM), sector focus, fund size, geographic footprint and type
- In partnership with MIX leadership, identify market and client prospect research questions and data points
- Conduct analysis of client prospect opportunities and challenges that will inform sales approach
- Develop client personas including ‘user’ and ‘decision maker’; if possible, create variations by client type
- Provide insight(s) operationalize / developing process for efficient and timely client prospect pipeline research and categorization
- As needed, conduct analysis of existing prospect and renewal sales cycle, touchpoints and experience.
- Partner with the Director of Sales & Business Development and the Director of Marketing & Communications to A/B test sales messaging and pitch decks
- Conduct market sector scans to update MIX team on market insights, business opportunities, industry trends, competing organizations, customer demographics, new technologies and more.
- Deliverable: Deliver a prospect research model, aligned/adapted to recently completed business model
Qualified candidates will be goal oriented and highly motivated individuals who enjoy research, analysis and improving existing processes to support business growth. The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- High level of curiosity for impact/socially responsible investments
- Ability and desire to work in a lean non-profit re-position
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills to organize and visualize data
- Ability to support multiple projects and deliverables
- Capable of creative problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
Interested candidates should submit resume and a paragraph of interest to Sherazade Langlade, email@example.com with “BD Intern” in subject line. Qualified candidates will be called for a phone/video interview and can begin project work immediately upon selection.