Now Hiring: Ambassador (Inclusive Fintech)
MIX is the leading global data resource for socially responsible investors and businesses focused on inclusive finance. MIX’s data platform covers thousands of mission-focused financial service providers in more than 100 developing markets. MIX collects, analyzes, and maintains data on financial services providers. The data is shared both as a public good for the advancement of the industry and on a fee-paid basis for subscribers interested in more detailed market intelligence. MIX helps socially responsible investors who move 10 billion USD annually to monitor their portfolios and increase their investments in underserved sectors and geographies, including agricultural finance and inclusive fintech. Founded in 2002, MIX has data analysts in every region of the world. Learn more at www.themix.org.
About the program:
Ambassador placements are made to fit the unique skills and interests of qualified candidates, as well as the needs of the organization. Working closely with the MIX team on various emerging areas, candidates will help through researching and contributing to the information building blocks that will be created by MIX. This program is a voluntary opportunity for working professionals who want to take a break and do research in emerging financial inclusion areas or students who want to build career in this field and hence, interested to learn more. The program is based out of Hyderabad, India.
Despite the rapid advances in digital financial services like mobile money services, payment cards, and other financial technology (fintech) applications having a significant impact on financial inclusion, investors, funders and market supporters lack the visibility necessary to support healthy growth of the fintech market. Visibility, via trusted sources of information, allows funders and investors to discover partners and investees, and common standards and definitions allow funders and investors to compare potential investments. MIX is addressing these information constraints through a series of projects, for which MIX is seeking a curious Ambassador having interest and background knowledge in fintech space.
- Build core knowledge in the fintech space through research from publicly available online sources
- Summarizing and documenting the research findings contributing to goal of informing MIX’s product development
- Reviewing and performing research on fintechs working in the financial inclusion space
- Analyze and summarize data on fintechs
- Analyzing the data and metrics currently being collected on fintechs by various funders and investors
- Assist the MIX team for other project deliverables including summary presentations for management, reports and whitepapers
- Proficiency in English Language is must
- Interest in research on emerging financial inclusion areas especially emerging and inclusive fintechs
- Self-starter and independent actor able to carry out agreed work plan with little supervision
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Capacity to write concise, yet effective write-ups
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to cover all travel and living expenses through the course of the program (this is an unpaid position)
- Students undergoing a postgraduate degree will be preferred
- Abundant industry knowledge from the sector actors
- Globally recognized certificate of experience from MIX
- Program period can be split, with one week break for tourism
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume with “Ambassador Program – MIX” in the subject line to Devanshi Patani at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also mention the period (in weeks) for which you would like to serve for the program (minimum 12 weeks). Selected candidates will be interviewed on an ongoing basis. If required, MIX will provide required assistance in issuing the letter required for visa processing. MIX is looking for the ambassador to start as soon as possible.