At MIX, we are committed to protecting your privacy online and have taken steps to protect the personal information you share with us. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the username and password you may have set up in connection with your participation in any MIX service or platform. Although MIX maintains reasonable efforts in safeguarding your personal information, transmissions made over the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. MIX will not be liable for disclosure of personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Information Collection, Use, and Retention
MIX collects certain personally identifiable information when you register for certain MIX services or products. We may also ask you for personal information at other times, for example, when you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion. Examples of the types of personally identifiable information we collect range from your email address to your name, street address, phone or fax number, email address and credit card information.
MIX uses this data to deliver customized services, content, and advertisement. We may also use this information to bill you for products or services you request or to communicate with you for other purposes related to our business. In addition, MIX may compile anonymized and/or pseudonymized, aggregate statistics about our visitors, customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to improve our services and develop new products, features, and functionality.
We retain the personal information that you provide for so long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. If your account is deleted or expires, MIX will retain your personal information to communicate with you for other purposes related to our business. Should you wish to remove your personal information from direct marketing, please contact MIX as described under GDPR below.
Disclosure of Information
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary: (a) to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal process; (b) to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of MIX or others; (c) to enforce any terms of service on this website; (d) to provide you with the services or products requested by you and to perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection; (e) in connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of MIX; or (f) to operate MIX's systems properly. We may also share your personal information with a sponsor or other third party who is interested in serving you (“Third-Party Providers”).
GDPR – Your Rights
Under the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), E.U. residents have a number of important rights with respect to transparency as to how we use your use personal information. In summary, those include rights to:
- Require the correction to any personal information that we hold about you where it is incorrect or incomplete
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means that produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing, or otherwise restrict our processing, of your personal information
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide enough information to identify yourself (e.g., name, email address)
- Provide proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Provide the information to which your request relates
You have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint about the processing activities of your personal information by us with the applicable Information Commissioner’s Office, or other competent supervisory authority.
Microfinance Information Exchange, INC.
2020 Pennsylvania Avenue NW #353
Washington DC 20006 U.S.A.
Tel: +1 (202) 659-9094