- What is MIX?
- What job opportunities are available at MIX?
- What kind of products and services does MIX provide?
- What is MIX Market?
- What is the MicroBanking Bulletin?
- What is MIX Microfinance World?
- Who do I contact for questions about the Microfinance Information Exchange?
- MIX is NOT
The Microfinance Information Exchange (MIX) is the premier source for microfinance data and analysis. Our mission is to promote microfinance transparency through integrated performance information on microfinance institutions (MFIs), investors, networks and service providers associated with the industry. MIX provides objective data and analysis with the goal of strengthening the microfinance sector.
To find out more about the job opportunities available at MIX visit our Careers Page.
MIX provides objective data and analysis with the goal of strengthening the microfinance sector. Through MIX Market, we provide unparalleled access to operational, financial and social performance information covering more than 1900 MFIs and 92 million borrowers. In our publications, MicroBanking Bulletin and MIX Microfinance World, we feature thorough analysis on current and relevant topics based on qualified data and research.
MIX products and services:
MIX Market (www.mixmarket.com) is proud to be the premier source for objective and unbiased microfinance data and analysis. We provide unparalleled access to operational, financial and social performance information, including quarterly results, on more than 1,900 MFIs covering 92 million borrowers globally.
For more information about MIX Market visit MIX Market FAQ
The MicroBanking Bulletin (MBB) features publications covering critical microfinance industry topics written by microfinance practitioners and academics. First published in 1997, the MicroBanking Bulletin covers a variety of topics including, but not limited to, financial reporting, social performance, transparency, policy & regulation, and investment.
MIX Microfinance World features country, regional, and/or global analysis based on the MIX market database, the most complete source of financial information and social indicators. The publication also includes features on industry leaders, regional analysis, country reports, benchmarks, etc.
For questions about MIX please email us at: info_at_themix_dot_org
- A lender or funder: MIX does not offer grants, loans or financing of any kind.
- A rater: MIX does not conduct onsite assessments or ratings of microfinance institutions. MIX encourages microfinance institutions to get rated to increase the quality of their data and their level of transparency, and MIX collaborates with rating agencies.
- A regulator: Participation in MIX information services is voluntary.
- A broker: Although MIX tries to facilitate financial transactions between funding organizations and microfinance institutions; it does not conduct such transactions on their behalf.